This is an Automation Direct D0-05DR-D with analog in and out
You will need the full version of the software and it is not included with this trainer
Includes: 1 PLC, 1 Training Module with 4 discrete inputs and 4 discrete outputs, single analog in and single analog out, power switch, programming cable, power cable, programming lessons and USB to Serial adapter....
The lessons are wrote in DirectSoft 5, they (Automation Direct) now offers DirectSoft 6 but a lot of the same features are in both, we do recommend using the newer version
More on the lessons... NOTE: the lessons do not cover analog we will make them in the future but they are not ready, they only cover the digital side and you will need to research and learn the analog
This is a series of lessons that is for the beginner programmer just learning how to program and the seasoned engineer that is looking to improve their skills, we are covering everything from simple pointers to advanced moves and data manipulation.
We are trying to teach you something you can not get in a manuals, the manuals are great and you should read them, but what we are teaching you will not get out of a manual, we are trying to mimic the machines that you will be working on or building, this is where the real value of the lessons are... you will have a understanding on why and how the logic is working and you will be able to come up with your own logic in no time at all.
With over a total of 59 pages (pdf) on just the lessons and 5 programs this will give you the knowledge that you need. These can also be converted to any Automation Direct CPU.
1) Basic intro: Download, go online, viewing program, making a simple program, Installing software, features of the DirectSoft software and testing program.
2) PLC Cycle Scan's: How the PLC's looks at the logic and decides what needs to happen next, this is important if you plan on any 'automation', this is over looked by many and they have a hard time understanding the full concept of programming, the PLC’s don’t change their mind… its always the same so once you learn how to read their mind you can tell what its going to do next.
3) Basic intro: Instructions, monitoring the program, shortcuts, software features
4) Flip-Flop: One momentary input, turning on and off a single output.... you will need this someday
5) Recording actions with a PLC: In this lesson we will cover on how to record and play back (in sequence) an event or series of actions (inputs) then play them back as outputs… if you are old enough you can remember the old game Simon Says, this is similar to that by randomly pushing the buttons/inputs then switching to the play back mode the PLC plays back the buttons you just pushed then the same sequence you pushed them.
6) Drum Sequencer: (mimic a washing machine), Learn how to use sequence programming
7) Shift, Accumulator and Increment: Loading accumulators and shifting
8) Stage Programming: This is a very good programming tool and will come in handy for many machines
9) Program Structure/Subroutines: Help with designing the program
10) Sample programs (2 of)
Lessons 4 through 9 have programs wrote with comments so you can see everything that is happening and how... with the PDF's you will learn a TON.
- Item(s) are shipped the next business day once payment is received and cleared.
- We offer a 30day guarantee on all of our products. No risk, guaranteed if our item(s) fail please contact us to discuss refund or exchange (excluding S&H). Our programming cables have a LIFETIME guarantee. If the item is factory sealed by the manufacturer it must be returned still with the factory sealed package or no refund will be given
Shipping: Monday-Friday (no shipping on Saturday or Sunday) Call if you need overnight shipping before you order
- We ship the next business day
- First Class USPS 3-7 days
- Priority Mail USPS, 2-3 business days
- UPS Overnight UPS 1 business day
- UPS Ground 1-6 business days
- International Express USPS Mail 5-14 days with tracking number (via EMS)
- International UPS 1-5 Business days