The Current Loop Simulator/Generator was developed to assist maintenance personnel and integrators in 4 to 20 mA analog input testing, troubleshooting and application development for a reasonable cost.
You can also see our store for our Pro version that is self powered or the single channel
There are many reasons that we have came up with this and our other integrator tools, some include...
1. Small and light enough to fit in your tool pouch or laptop bag.
2. Easy to use.. just wire it up and start troubleshooting your system and producing a usable signal.
3. So many times you need to generate a signal, then go to the other end (PLC, Controller, etc) and watch that signal
4. For the price you can not afford to do without one or two... under 50.00 (free shipping in the US)
It simulates a 2-wire loop powered transmitter.
Five fixed output settings are available: 4 mA, 8 mA, 12 mA, 16 mA or 20 mA. two channels
A specific output selection made by connecting signal wire to one of the five output terminals
Simulator can work with wide range of loads from 0 to 1000 Ohm, typical analog input impedance is 250 Ohm.
Loads above 400 Ohm require 24V or higher loop power supply
Output accuracy is ±1% of the full scale or ±0.20mA
A typical 2-wire installation requires a loop power supply usually provided by an external 24VDC power supply
Some sourcing Analog Input modules can provide loop power also.
Follow the Analog Input Module specification for a power supply selection
This DIN rail mountable version of our 4-20 mA current loop simulator includes two analog channels capable of simulating 4, 8, 12, 16, and 20 mA signals.
- Power Supply 12-30V DC 24VDC typical
- Current Output
- Number of Channels 2 Isolated
- Output Range 4mA to 20mA
- Fixed Preset 4 , 8, 12, 16, 20 mA Output Selection Terminal
- Output Accuracy ±1% of full scale( 0.2mA) at 25°C
- Protection Reverse Polarity
- Load Range 0-1000 Ohm 250 Ohm typical. Loads over 500 Ohm require 24V or higher power supply.
Made in the USA
- Item(s) are shipped the next business day once payment is received and cleared.
- We offer a 30day guarantee on all of our products. No risk, guaranteed if our item(s) fail please contact us to discuss refund or exchange (excluding S&H). Our programming cables have a LIFETIME guarantee. If the item is factory sealed by the manufacture it must be returned still with the factory sealed package or no refund will be given
Shipping: Monday-Friday (no shipping on Saturday or Sunday) Call if you need overnight shipping before you order
- We ship the next business day
- First Class USPS 3-7 days
- Priority Mail USPS, 2-3 business days
- UPS Overnight UPS 1 business day
- UPS Ground 1-6 business days
- International Express USPS Mail 5-14 days with tracking number (via EMS)
- International UPS 1-5 Business days