NEW and improved.... now works with both GE QuickPanel (Proficy ME & QuickDesigner) and Proface GP ProPB
GE QuickPanel Proficy ME View HMI Cable / Proface USB-GPW-CB03a
This cable has been tested with GE QuickPanel QPI3D200E2P-B QPJ2D100L2P-A
The information below is from a friend that has done some extensive testing with the GE software
"This is the easiest and quickest cable I have used on any QuickPanel to date with no need to load any drivers manually.
It works flawlessly in Proficy Machine Edition 9.00 under Windows 7 Pro 64 bit and PME 7.50 running in a Virtual Windows XP on the same computer. The only difference is that in the Windows 7 machine it came up as COM5 and in the Virtual Windows XP machine as COM3.
I also had no trouble using this with QuickDesigner 3.70 on the Windows XP Virtual machine.
All three software options were tested uploading and downloading to both a very old 12.1" TCP QuickPanel version 2 and 10" TCP QuickPanel version 3. Which are the only two I have to 'play' with right now."
As always we offer a money back 30 day on all our products and a lifetime replacement (excluding shipping)
For more information on our order model see here http://www.plctalk.net/qanda/showthread.php?t=96477
((NEW and improved.... Works with Proface GP ProPB and GE QuickPanel software))
- Item(s) are shipped the next business day once payment is received and cleared.
- We offer a 30day guarantee on all of our products. No risk, guaranteed if our item(s) fail please contact us to discuss refund or exchange (excluding S&H).
- Our programming cables have a LIFETIME guarantee.
- If the item is factory sealed by the manufacturer it must be returned still with the factory sealed package or no refund will be given
Shipping: Monday-Friday (no shipping on Saturday or Sunday) Call if you need overnight shipping before you order
- We ship the next business day
- First Class USPS 3-7 days
- Priority Mail USPS, 2-3 business days
- UPS Overnight UPS 1 business day
- UPS Ground 1-6 business days
- International Express USPS Mail 5-14 days with tracking number (via EMS)
- International UPS 1-5 Business days
Warranty30 Day Money Back, Limited Life Time Replacement
I have the GPW-CB03a and tested it using both GE Intelligent Platform's PME 8.60 SIM 5 on Win7 Pro 64 and QuickDesigner 3.70 on WinXP in Microsoft's XP-Mode. It worked fine in both cases with two different very old QPI-2xxxx units. I did need to show the OS where the Drivers were, which came on a mini CD. In both the download and upload ran in 38400 BPS QuickDesigner took about 2 minutes but PME about 10 minutes and needed to restart a couple of times (which it did on its own), but it worked. On the Win7 machine the cable was assigned to COM5 and on the XP-Mode machine to COM3. Setup and installation was quick and easy.